Just like Jeremiah, I was fashioned in the womb for a specific purpose.

Just like Isaiah, I was sensitive to the Lord’s voice and answered His call. "Here am I; send me."

Like Abraham, I stepped out in faith. I had no idea what to expect as I left my American comfort zone and all that was familiar to me, including my family and my friends. I went in total abandonment to a foreign land I knew nothing about.

Like David, I too desire to fulfill my purpose for my generation.

As Mordecai told Esther, I believe I was born "for such a time as this".

Just like John the Baptist, I don’t easily fit the mold. I don’t easily fit into other people’s expectations. True, I don’t wear camel hair like John the Baptist did, but I do get around on a bicycle. And like him, I eat locusts (and termites) on occasion.

In just the same manner as Paul, I have fallen deeply in love with those God has sent me to minister to. According to God’s divine plan He has sent me to befriend and love the little guy, the neglected and the forgotten, the destitute and the poor.